P&TX 889: Online Master of Science Thesis Preparation and Submission Template
Thesis preparation should begin after the student has completed all didactic course work, 12 hrs of P&TX885 and an agreement has been reached between the student and both mentors that sufficient progress has been achieved that warrants the preparation of a suitable M.S. thesis.
The thesis format should follow KU guidelines for thesis preparation and in general contains the following elements:
- Title Page
- Abstract (generally 250-500 words)
- Table of Contents
- List of Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1: Brief Literature Review
- Chapter 2:
- Materials and Methods
- Additional chapters as warranted (similar format as Chapter 2)
- Summary and Future Directions
- The candidate should write the thesis and provide sufficient time for your mentors to read and provide feedback.
- Once your mentors give you approval to proceed, you can send your document to the Thesis committee.
- The Graduate School requires that the thesis be submitted to your committee 3 weeks in advance of the date scheduled for defense of the M.S. thesis. During this period, you should prepare a formal presentation for the defense of your thesis.
- Final approval of the M.S. thesis will require a formal Skype presentation of the research and the fielding of questions from the Thesis committee by the candidate.
- Once the committee has agreed that the candidate has successfully defended the thesis, it should be submitted electronically following the directions for thesis submission found on KU Graduate Studies.
- The graduate will receive his/her official M.S. degree certificate from the University of Kansas via mail.