- B.S., 1955, University of Manitoba
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1965
My research program in pharmacology and toxicology is focused in two areas. These are:
- Studies on the mechanism of action of agents used in the treatment of alcohol abuse. Research focuses on the specific drug disulfiram and its bioactive metabolites.
- Studies on the mechanism(s) by which alcohol can become addictive. In this work the various disulfiram metabolites are used as pharmacological tools to investigate the role of various brain neurotransmitters to provide a better understanding of substance abuse addiction and how it develops.
- Fellow: American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow: Academy of Toxicology