LABORATORY-BASED DISTANCE MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY PROGRAM LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND INFORMATION
2d. Letters of Academic recommendation:
- Two letters of recommendation describing the student's ability and capability are required.
- It is preferable that these letters be obtained from faculty members, a direct supervisor or instructors well-acquainted with your research and/or academic work.
- These letters should provide a thorough assessment of the student's experience in laboratory research, ability to communicate in verbal and written English, motivation and creativity, and other qualities in the student's academic performance.
- Current or former professors, employers (supervisory level) and other professionals who can objectively assess your academic background/performance, critical thinking, analytical and writing skills should write the letter.
- Plan ahead:
- Allow your referees at least one month to prepare and compose their letter
- Don’t rush them, and be sure to provide them with the application deadline
- Be organized and pro-active:
- Consider providing each author with a folder that includes information about you that will allow them to compose a detailed letter
- Items to consider including for their resource:
- Your CV / resume
- Unofficial transcripts
- A copy of your purpose statement