- Noraida Martinez-Rivera. - Postdoctoral Researcher
- Aidyn Medina-López. - Graduate Student
- Carolina Santiago-Robles. - Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) Fellow
- Heather Shinogle-Decker. - Graduate Student, Neuroscience/MAI Laboratory Research Director
- Prem Singh Thapa-Chetri. - Microscopist
- Irma I. Torres-Vazquez. - Graduate Student, Neuroscience/Associate Researcher
Rosa-Molinar and his group focuses on the “neural microcircuits", a specific pattern of interconnections between neurons and synapses within a specific region of the central nervous system (i.e., spinal cord); they image and study the three-dimensional (3-D) nano-scale geometry of synapses. We are particularly interested in “mixed synapses”, a poorly studied synapse that combines the features of both chemical and electrical synapses (i.e., gap junction).
Laboratory rotation in the Rosa-Molinar laboratory provides broad-based training and experience with microscopy tools and workflows needed in cellular, synaptic, and circuit neuroscience.