LITERATURE-BASED DISTANCE MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Letters of Academic recommendation:
- Three letters of recommendation describing the student's ability and capability are required.
- It is preferable that these letters be obtained from faculty members, a direct supervisor or instructors well-acquainted with your research and/or academic work.
- These letters should provide a thorough assessment of the student's experience with laboratory research or work history, ability to communicate in verbal and written English, motivation and creativity, and other qualities in the student's academic or work performance.
- Current or former professors, employers (supervisory level) and other professionals who can objectively assess your academic background/performance, critical thinking, analytical and writing skills should write the letter.
- Plan ahead:
- Allow your referees at least one month to prepare and compose their letter
- Don’t rush them, and be sure to provide them with the application deadline
- Be organized and pro-active:
- Consider providing each author with a folder that includes information about you that will allow them to compose a detailed letter
- Items to consider including for their resource:
- Your CV / resume
- Unofficial transcripts
- A copy of your purpose statement
- Letters can be physically mailed directly to our office at:
Pharmacology and Toxicology Department
5064 Malott Hall
1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Room 5064
Lawrence, KS 66045-7572
- Or emailed directly to our Academic Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the authors (they may NOT come through the applicant).