LABORATORY-BASED DISTANCE MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY PROGRAM LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND INFORMATION
2e. Letter of Sponsorship:
- One letter from your on-site sponsor must accompany your application. The sponsor should hold a Ph.D. or related degree and have suitable research background to serve as your scientific on-site advisor. Individuals with B.S./M.S. degrees and experience are not eligible to serve as on-site mentors.
- The sponsor letter should directly address his/her professional relationship to the applicant and that the individual agrees to serve as your on-site mentor. The letter should address that you have access to suitable lab/clinical/computational facilities to complete your studies and that you will be provided sufficient time to work on your project separate from other duties, should they be your direct supervisor.
- If your on-site mentor is distinct from your direct supervisor, then an additional letter from your supervisor indicating their knowledge and support of your educational efforts is required. This letter should indicate any contribution they may provide toward facilitating your research progress (research space, time release, reagents, etc.) and any limitations that may be in place. Your direct supervisor need not hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree if they are not serving as your official on-site mentor.
- A CV for your on-site mentor should be submitted with your application. Though a CV of your direct supervisor is not required if they are not serving as your on-site mentor for the program, you may submit this information if you feel it is appropriate.
- Letters can be physically mailed directly to our office at:
Pharmacology and Toxicology Department
5064 Malott Hall
1251 Wescoe Hall Drive, Room 5064
Lawrence, KS 66045-7572